Here's our agenda for this April 15 at 8:00PM EST. I've taken some guesses. During the agenda check we can finalize the agenda.
- Agenda check. What should we put on the agenda?
- While it's fresh in our minds, what did we learn from today's meeting about the videos? After Scott and Montserrat left the call, we watched the 24 minute video. Chris and Sam both strongly liked it better than the first, because it better addressed why we need democracy, why democracy is endangered by deception, more detail on prototype, omits the potentially upsetting graphic of Republicans and Democrats levels of deception. Sam said he kept getting lost in the 11 minute video.
- Montserrat and Scott, what's your feedback on the 24 minute video?
- The meeting was unusually high level. Lots of system level thinking. Why?
- Beth Ely and Chris Sirmans both said they want to attend our weekly 8:00PM Skype meetings!
- I wonder if two meetings on one day (the second Sunday of each month) is too much, like today. It seems that if we have important collaboration to do in the evening, it could be done earlier in the day at the monthly meeting. We don't want to waste time in unnecessary meetings.
- We really need an online collaboration tool, like what Montserrat suggested, Slack , or something else, like what Scott suggested long ago for task management. What are out requirements here? Jack will be glad to take action on this, as it will become central to our collaboration success and efficiency.
- Report on how the practice writing is going.
- Report on how the proposal is going.
- What else would you like to discuss?
- What would you like to discuss?
- I will develop a Kickstarter Campaign plan, including how to complete the videos. Done, this is the plan:
- Get a video on How Structured Argument Analysis Works done, get feedback improve.
- Get feedback for the 24 minute video, improve. We won't use the short video.
- Once the two videos are looking strong, rewrite the Kickstarter page.
- Get feedback on the page. When it looks strong and we have a community supporting the project, we are ready to launch the campaign.
- The next phase of video development is testing what we've got on friends. How can we best do that and manage it? We need a system.
- I will work on the online collaboration system. Done. Have created a new forum using Xenforo, a modern forum with great features like rich text editing, notifications that work, a clean non-cluttered user interface, fairly intuitive and very efficient administrative panel, etc.
- Scott, I was wondering if you would like to start a General Discussion thread on your Candle vision. I don't want to see a terrific vision like that get forgotten as we get all excited about the hot little Politician Truth Ratings project.
- Found an article today on "Why people lie and what you can do about it" by Mollie Simon. She's a senior at the University of Georgia (UGA) and knows the people with the International Fact-Checking Network. I've been gradually planning how to start contacting people in the fact-check community. This seems like a good place to start. But I wonder, Montserrat, if it would be better for you to initiate contact, since you are more her age and are a lady. There's also the option of Sam contacting her, since he's studying at UGA.